The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows software lets you use an Xbox 360 Controller with your computer running Microsoft Windows.
Step 1: Install the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows softwareUse the installation CD that came with your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, before you connect the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows to your computer. Here's how:
- Insert the installation disc in the CD or DVD drive of your computer.
If the setup program does automatically start, change to your CD or DVD drive and run the setup program.
- On the setup screen, click Install.
- The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files to your computer.
Note You might be prompted to restart the computer.
Download the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows softwareIf you do not have an installation disc for your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, you can download and install the software by following these steps:
- Go to the Download Software section of the Microsoft Hardware page:
- Select Controller as the product type.
- Select Xbox 360 Controller for Windows as the product.
- Select the version of Microsoft Windows you are using on your computer and the operating system language.
- Click Go.
- Click the setup link.
- Click Run.
Step 2: Connect the controller to your computerAfter you install the software, plug the USB connection on your Xbox 360 Wired Controller into a USB 2.0 port on your computer.
Step 3: Test the controllerTo test your Xbox 360 Wired Controller on your computer, follow these steps:
- On your computer, click Start, type joy.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Select Xbox 360 Controller, and then click Properties.
- Test your Xbox 360 Wired Controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.